A Corporate and Continuing Education program though Midlands Technical College training students to become Audio Engineers since 2004.
Whether you want to be the manager of a band, make extra income as a booking agent or do both for yourself as an artist, this course will give you the skills to navigate through the complicated world of the music business.
1. Introduction to music business, overview of the class and discussion of goals.
2. How to book shows, negotiate contracts, understand contracts, press kits.
3. How to get press, create press releases, make contacts and the ins-and-outs of Public Relations.
4. Royalties, publishing, submitting to labels, copyrights.
5. How to get the most out of advertising, press, radio, flyers, street teams.
6. Management. Artist management, event management.
7. Final exam review. Forming an LLC Projects presentations.
8. Class summary and final exam.