A Corporate and Continuing Education program though Midlands Technical College training students to become Audio Engineers since 2004.
Learn how to run live sound for production companies, theatres, artists, churches and more.
1. Discussion of class goals and types of equipment to be used during demonstrations.
2. Equipment maintenance and repair. Soldering. Speaker cabinet driver replacement. Anatomy of speaker systems and cabling.
3. Constructing and understanding stage plots, live sound microphone techniques.
4. PA system configuration covering consoles, crossovers, power amps, EQs and speaker systems and their interconnection.
5. Wireless microphones. Handheld, lavaliere and headset microphone usage in live settings. Overview of fixed installation PA systems.
6. Setting up on-stage monitoring systems including in-ear monitors and multiple monitor mixes.
7. Checking out the state-of-the-art touring PA systems and their components.
8. Final Exam.