Learn how to record music at home with the latest in digital music production. Course covers the digital audio program Reason. Upon completion of course students will be able to program and mix digital projects. Topics include MIDI, signal flow, multi-tracking and more.
1. Introduction to digital music production and the digital production platform Reason.
2. Setting up a digital studio. Creating musical ideas. Building a drum beat in Redrum and Dr. Octo Rex.
3. Electronic music synthesizers. Properties of sound. Adding sound and musical elements with Subtractor, Maelstrom, and Thor.
4. Using samples and samplers. Importing audio into Reason.
5. Creating patterns in Reason, the sequencer, sequencing, and song arrangement.
6. Effects processing and mixing, overview of effects types. Adding EQs, reverb and delays.
7. Exporting/bouncing mixes. Review for final exam.
8. Project presentations and final exam.